The policy was adopted by the PCC of Winchcombe at a PCC meeting held on 21 September 2015. It is to be used alongside the advice and guidance from the Diocese of Gloucester on working with adults with care and support needs who may be at risk, which can be accessed here. This policy will be reviewed each year to monitor the progress which has been achieved and a copy shared with the Archdeacon at the time of the Visitation.
- We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
- As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all adults to whom we minister.
- We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of all adults who may be at risk, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of all adults who may be at risk.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of adults who may be at risk and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the safer recruitment practices of all appointment processes of those who will work with adults who may be at risk.
- The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst adults who may be at risk.
- The parish adopts the national Church of England guidelines; and those of the Diocese.
- Each person who works with adults who may be at risk will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.